Thursday, May 22, 2008

El Pollo Loco

I have to admit I like free stuff and good deals. I've been known to stand in line for an hour and an half to get into a free movie. I never knew there was this huge group of crazy people that will stand in line for days for something free.

I first discovered this a few years ago when Ben and I decided to wake up at 4am the day after Thanksgiving. We wanted to see what all the commotion was about, so we drove by Best Buy and the line was all the way around the HUGE building. We decided whatever the deal is, it is NOT worth it.

Next stop Walmart. Walmart is a little tricky because they are open 24 hours. People don't have to stand outside, they get to stand inside (yea!). With their hand stuck on that $500 flat screen TV for hours until 6am. We weren't there at 6am, but I'm guessing someone came over the loud speaker announcing it was time to buy, and chaos broke lose. The crowd at Walmart scares me on a normal day, the day after Thanksgiving = terrifying.

The point of my story: I was really excited for Chick-fil-a to open by our house. The second stand alone in Utah. I like Chick-fil-a, but I rarely get it since I'm never by one, unlike a certain sister-in-law that will drive 30 miles out of her way to get a chicken sandwich.

I had heard that the first 100 customers on opening day (today) got free Chick-fil-a for a year. Sweet. I seriously thought, "hey, I'm awake at 6am, I can do this!" Ben called me yesterday around 4pm and let me know there were already tents set up. On my way home I drove by to see the insanity.




They even had an area roped off and there were people throwing a football around and kids running around with their head cut off. So crazy!!!

6 comments:

Olsen Family said...

Who has time to go camp out at chic? we went there the other day and I got a kids meal for yara --- the toy was a CD that teaches Spanish. She loves it. We repeat everything the lady says.. si , gracias, etc.... It was the first time I've ever been. I got the ceasar wrap. I loved it.

Olsen Family said...

What do you order there?

Teri said...

So, which one is your tent?

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I like the nuggets. But I've heard breakfast is good.

Precia said...

What the crap? I'm glad you took a picture cause it is worse than I would have imagined!

TJ said...

What part of the chicken is the nugget?