Monday, June 15, 2009

Rainy Days

I am a fan of the rain. But after 2 weeks, I'm ready for summer. I'm not working on Fridays for the summer, which is wonderful, but it's hard keeping a 2 year old occupied when it's raining outside.

We took advantage of any sun time we could get. Friday we went to the goat farm to buy some yogurt and eggs (chicken eggs, not goat). Finn loves animals, especially goats, and visits the goats almost weekly with grandma.

Other activites:
  • 1 pool trip, Finn is getting very brave - need to buy floaties.
  • 2 bike rides to parks. We even took a towel to wipe down slides, still got wet. There were many requests for more rides, Finn doesn't really understand why we can't go out in thunderstorm.
  • 1 trip to Wheeler Farm. Always a great free activity. The pigs put on a noisy show for us and Finn rode a pony. I cannot believe he wasn't scared at all. (rainy day + cell phone=horrible pictures)

  • 1 trip to McDonalds for hot fudge sundaes (Finn loves peanuts and ate them separate) and indoor playground. For the record, I can get UP the slide faster than Ben, but he was faster on the way down, too fast maybe, we almost had some injuries.

  • 1 trip to Blockbuster to get a movie for Finn. Bolt. Very cute, but only keeps 2 year olds entertained for 1 hour, not 1.5 like the box says.
Sounds like we did a lot when I put it down on "paper". But he was still bored. Maybe this is why people have more than one kid?

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

more than one kid only helps for maybe twice all of that. then they both get bored :)

Nelson said...

Wow! His life is full of adventures and makes ours seem boring.
Yes, that is exactly why people have more than one kid. They entertain one another so I can...