Ben flew to OK a few days before me. I was dreading the flight alone with Finn with good reason. He was exactly what I expected. He would not sit still for more than 5 seconds. Would throw fits if I didn't give him what he wanted or the few times he tried to escape under the guy next to us seat. He didn't really scream or cry too much, so I think he was only bothering me. The two men on both sides of me were so nice and loved Finn and played and talked to him, which helped.
Then we hopped on another flight after rushing through the Dallas airport. This flight was pretty short and I got lucky again. Finn started this flight off by extending his body and laying on the guy next to us lap. Again both neighbors loved Finn. The man in front of us however, was annoyed with Finn and gave us a few dirty looks. He was busy cuddling with his girlfriend and did not want to be disturbed. I think I gave him a little dose of visual and audible Birth Control.
Finally we got to Tulsa and we all headed out to dinner. This is where Finn lost it. I scarfed down my meal and took Finn to the car and we drove around the parking lot to sleep, while everyone else finished up. We got to MiMi's house and went right to bed.
Next morning, Thanksgiving, we headed to Oklahoma City to eat, hung out, came home and put Finn to bed. Got a burger, shake and fries from Braums. Went to bed.
Friday we slept in. Wonderful. Finn woke up around 8, but played in his crib quietly so we could sleep longer. Then we headed to Woolaroc. After Woolaroc, we picked up Grammy and met up with Jake and friends at Goldies. All but one of Ben's brothers worked here in the past and it's tradition to go, at least once, every trip to Bartlesville. I had ANOTHER burger. Finn had fried green beans and basically drank the side of ranch that came with it.

Now I'm sick to my stomach and extremely tired, but Ben and I decided to go to the new Bond movie and leave Finn home with Mimi and Grandpa.
Saturday morning we woke up early and went to the Swap Meet that Ben's mom and StepDad go to every Saturday. It's a little bit better than the one in SLC. Actually a lot better. Tons of toys, electronics, and toiletries. We could have bought stuff, but no way to get it home. Chad did buy us a Numchuck for our Wii so that was awesome.
We went back to the house, ate breakfast and put Finn down for a nap. After the nap we rushed to the airport thinking we were really late. Our flight had been delayed over an hour and we wouldn't make our connecting flight. So American put us on a direct flight on Delta and we got 2 seats together. Needless to say, the flight home was much easier with Ben's help. But Finn was still a handful.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip and great to see Ben's family. Hopefully it won't be too long before we go back.

2 comments:
i am so jealous of your plane ride :)
OOOH MAN! i didn't know you went to OKC! that is crazy! i would have totally come to see you! well, next time you are in town! i can do a drive by hug! haha!
anyways, sounds like a crazy busy trip! but, finn sounds like he did a great job! seriously! Those plane rides from salt lake to okc are HORRID! i totally hear you on that one!!! long and connecting flights, ridiculous!
glad to have you over here!
Lots of love
Post a Comment