Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Big Truck Book

Finn has become obsessed with trucks and buses. Car time consists of him yelling "GUCK, BUS, KUEL BUS, LELLOW BUS, BIG GUCK, ORSIE (horse), NEIGH, LELLOW GUCK, BYE BYE GUCK!!!!"

He knows that in the mornings when we pass Walmart, there is always 2 school buses in the parking lot, so he makes sure to look and point them out.

I love it, I think it's hilarious. Maybe at some point it will be annoying, but for now I encourage it and point them out to him. I love hearing his excited, sweet little voice and anything that comes out of his mouth.

Feeding his obsession is this book:
He loves it and we use that to our advantage. If Finn decides to wake up at 6:30, he will gladly sit in bed for another 20 minutes drinking his milk and reading about gucks and buses while we shower and get ready.

Only problem is at this point, getting him OUT OF BED and getting ready. Trying to PRY this book out of his hands is like trying to take drugs from an addict. I'm not sure what he loves more, his binky or his book..... well OK that isn't a fair battle. The binky always wins.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ha! Max has the same fascination - with the same book. Just wait till Finn gets older. You'll drive down 104th (or somewhere with lots of construction), and he'll name ALL the different types of construction trucks. It's hilarious.

mama donk aubri jo said...

I don't think it ever gets old, i still love it! as do my boys :)

Amanda said...

Joe has this same book! He likes it but not like that! Dirty, I love your blog. I love reading your writing. You are talented and committed to it! I wish I could be more like you! I love you and miss you tons!