Over the weekend we did lots of yard and house work. We did manage to take a break and take Finn to his first real movie. Monsters and Aliens. He has been to movies in the past, but when he was a baby and sleeping through them.
This time around, he got his own seat in between me and Ben, had his sippy cup full of juice and piles of popcorn in his lap.
For the first 45 minutes he was in awe of the huge screen and the popcorn. I honestly don't think he's had much popcorn before, but he loved it. He was totally silent and unaware of his surroundings, except for the movie.
Then, the Monsters broke a fence. And Finn yelled "OH NO!!" then for the next 30 minutes he was totally into it yelling at the "caughters" helicopters and everything else that was exciting.
About 15 minutes before the movie was over, he was done, and asked me "go?". But he was quickly distracted once I gave him more popcorn and he finished out the last 15 minutes like a pro.
He was so cute watching this movie, several times I wanted to take a picture so I could capture the moment. At one point, sitting in between us, he had one hand on my shoulder and one hand on Ben's shoulder, just staring ahead at the movie.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
so so cute! we loved that movie, saw this weekend as well :)
Post a Comment