Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flinstone Feet

The problem with having a chubby baby, is that the cute, chubby baby most likely has chubby feet. We have been looking for shoes for Finn for about 3 months.

First problem: finding shoes we like.
Second problem: finding shoes we like, that we can actually get on his feet.

We have one pair of shoes that fit, but they take about 10 minutes to get on each morning.

2 weeks ago, Finn moved into the Cuddle Bugs class at daycare. In this class it is mandatory to wear shoes everyday, because they are always outside playing. A friend of mine told me the best shoes for babies learning to walk are See Kai Run. Since I'm a cheapskate, I looked on Ebay and found a few pairs. I went to Kinderwinkel to try them on to make sure I bought the right size first.

At Kinderwinkel, I found the best invention ever, Wee Squeakers, which look as cute as See Kai Run, but they also squeak. This sounds really annoying, but as soon as I put those shoes on Finn, he did a little dance and then walked about 8 steps. This has NEVER happened. He loved the squeak and it made him want to walk. To make a long story short, I bought them right then and spent WAY more I ever thought I'd spend on baby shoes.

1 comment:

Precia said...

We love the squeaky shoes! I figured out a way to make them stop squeaking (once you are really annoyed). Actually I bet every mom that ever bought those shoes figured out how to make the squeak stop. And I think I'm so smart!