Friday, December 7, 2007

Flashback Friday - Alice

Alice was a rich, plantation owner's daughter. She lived in Myrtle Beach hundreds of years ago. Classic love story, she fell in love with a poor man and her family forbade the relationship. The love of her life gave Alice a ring which she wore around her neck.

Alice became very sick and was on her death bed. Her father noticed the ring around her neck, and threw it out the window into the marshes of South Carolina. Alice died days later from a broken heart.... and a deadly illness.

To this day, people see Alice wandering the coast and marshes of Myrtle Beach searching for her ring. There have also been sightings of her at the graveyard where she was buried.

Alice is buried in the most beautiful graveyard I've ever seen. Huge old trees and beautiful old tombstones.

Legend says, if you walk around Alice's headstone backwards, 13 times, her ring will appear. It worked. You can't really tell because the picture is so small, but if you look really closely you can see the ring I'm pointing at. It looks a little like Precia's wedding ring, but I promise it's Alice's.



This graveyard is one of our favorite stops when we go to Myrtle Beach. Precia and I took my little cousins with us too. They look terrified. I love it.


1 comment:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Poor Alice, she's probably going to haunt you now.