Friday, December 21, 2007

Flashback Friday - Christmas 1982

I loved playing house as a little girl. I remember at my Kindergarten, they had the best play kitchen ever. It was hard for me, since none of my brothers really loved to play house, but I just used my imagination even more. Although I loved playing outside building forts, catching Crawdads and playing with GI Joe, I need to thank my mom and dad for deciding to have one more baby, so I could have a friend to play with (besides my very boyish brother McKay).

Looks like I had a good Christmas. A beautiful tea set and a the House Cleaning set. Obviously my mom was trying to get me ready to be a good mom / wife. It didn't really work. I'm horrible at keeping my house clean. After working all day, anytime I'm home I just want to play with Finn and my awesome husband. That awesome husband that helped me to not vacuum for over a year. Thanks Ben! I've got it next time.



Another picture from the same morning. I don't know who's glasses these are, but this is one of my favorite pictures of myself. I look like a little old lady.

3 comments:

Teri said...

That WAS a good Christmas. And how did you not vacuum for an entire year? Share your secret.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Awesome. I wish we would have been friends when we were little. I would have brought over my Easy Bake Oven and we could have practiced being wives and moms that bake.

Natalie said...

Somethings are better left unsaid. However, since your filter is damaged, broken and unrepairable - it doesn't shock me to hear that you didn't vacuum for a year. Well done.

Was it because Oscar is terrified of the vacuum? Or you?