A couple of weeks ago, Ben's car was in the shop. He wanted to go skating and I wanted to go to my mom's house and make a quilt for Finn. So the compromise, I dropped Ben off at the Herriman Skatepark just a few miles from our house.
Ben assured me that one of his friends could take him home and if not, he could walk. I told him, I didn't want him walking, because it would be dark and there is no shoulder whatsoever and he'd get hit by a car. Again he let me know he'd probably be able to get a ride and the walk really wasn't that bad.
A few hours later, I was leaving my parents house and called Ben to see where he was. I guess he did have friends at the Skatepark, but their car was full, so he had started to walk. I told him to wait because I wouldn't be that long, but he insisted on walking.
I called as I got closer, to see where he was, so I could pick him up off the street.
"I just hit by a car."
Of course I didn't believe him, first because he answered his phone, and second because I told him repeatedly that he was going to get hit by a car if he walked.
But no, he really did get hit by a car. A 90's Suburban flew by going about 50 and pegged Ben in the shoulder with the side-view mirror.
The guy realized he had hit something, so he stopped the car to make sure he didn't kill anyone and to apologize.
I'm sure it only took a few seconds for this guy to realize that stopping was not the best idea. Ben was armed with his weapon of choice, a skateboard, and started to the hit side of the Suburban over and over again screaming (screaming things I will not repeat). Needless to say, the guy was probably scared for his life, and just took off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i can't believe that!! the fact that he's okay makes the whole thing really funny, had he been really hurt - it would be horrible!!
Post a Comment