Last night Ben and I left Finn at home with Jake and drove downtown to The Depot. On our favorite bands The New Pornographers were playing. We got to the venue at around 8:30 and sat through 2 opening bands. The first band, The Awkward Stage was so good. I bought their CD to support this new, amazing group. 2nd band, Lavender Diamond, might have been good, but the lead's voice was so soft you could barely hear her. She was really crazy though and talked in between each song for about 10 minutes. She was probably the weirdest person I'd ever listened to.
Finally at around 10pm, The New Pornographers came on. They were so good. Neko Case, one of the singers has the most unique and beautiful voice. They have such a great sound and there are so many talented singers in the group, they rotate through all of them.

We finally left for home at 11:30 so we got home so late. Finn slept the whole time for Jake so it was a great night for everyone.
4 comments:
Is that a lady or a dude in the red shirt?
That would be a man. Sadly...
Hey-cool blog, your Finn is so stinkin' cute. We gotta see that baby sometime...
Diania - I am in love with Neko Case I'm going to burn you her CD's and you can listen to them all the way to the ranch for Thanksgiving. The best song is Rated X if you need to hear it before I get around to burning it. Precia
Post a Comment