Thursday, October 4, 2007

Spoiled Baby

So the last three nights it has gone down like this:

Finn goes to bed around 9 / 9:30 in his crib. Then at around 3 or 4 AM, he wakes up, eats, and falls asleep in mine or Ben's arms. Then you try to put him back into his crib and he starts screaming. We pick him up rock him and love him and he falls back asleep. Put him in his crib, starts screaming. Stick his binkie in his mouth, rock him and pat him while he is laying in the crib... still screaming. Finally after trying this a few times, he ends up in bed in between me and Ben.

He has done this in the past, but not three nights in a row. "They" say you can't spoil a newborn. But you can spoil a baby. There is a point where you just need to let them cry themselves to sleep. At what point does a newborn become a baby? I've always heard this is around 4 months. Finn is 14 weeks old, so maybe in a few weeks? I don't know if I should just wait until his 4 month check up and see what the doctor says.

I guess we'll see how tonight goes, hopefully he'll go back to normal. I'm worried he has figured out our weakness and he knows how to win this game.

1 comment:

Cichelli said...

My newborns became babies at 6 weeks old. I let them cry it out and they were sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. Tough love from this mama, but I know most other moms won't agree with me. But I HAD to sleep. And they survived.