Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Big Boy Post - Finn is Eight Months Old!!

Finn turns 8 months old today. Crazy how fast it has gone by.

He has 2 little cute teeth popping out in the middle on the bottom. He rarely lets to see them, I think his mouth is still sore. But if you get him laughing you can see them or if you can finger in there, you can feel them. He has bit down very hard on my finger a few times, "and it really hurt". I've tried to get a picture of the teeth, but it is impossible.

On the teeth subject, I think this is what is making him a horrible sleeper. We have been blessed in the sleep area with Finn. Since he was about 4 months, he slept through the night, from about 7:30 - 6:30. But over the past few weeks, he pretty much wakes up at least once every night. Last night was horrible. He was awake from about 11:30 to 1:30. I have no idea what his deal was, so I'm guessing his mouth hurts, it's the only explanation.

Finn can roll over from back to front and front to back. And if you saw the post yesterday, he can get around. He just doesn't do it in front of us. He hates to be on his stomach, so I think it will be awhile before he crawls. He can balance standing up next to the ottoman, but he eventually falls over. If something catches his eye, he'll grab for it and lose his balance.

Finn has the cutest personality of any baby. He is always happy, smiling and laughing. Everyone at daycare rushes to us when we drop him off because he is the favorite (they've told me this several times). I've overheard them saying "Is Finn still here, I haven't seen him all day", not knowing I was there picking him up. When I pick him up on a Friday, they are all so sad because they know they won't see him for three days. If we take him over to a friends house, he is the life of the party, keeping everyone entertained for hours.

He can sit so well, he hates lying down now. He almost can sit up from laying down, he works really hard at it. He'll fall over on rare occasion, but he'll usually catch himself. He can sit in high chairs. He loves going to restaurants and seeing all the action. At Rodizio on Saturday night his eyes got huge and he was amazed every time they brought the instruments out for birthday songs.

He can almost feed himself a bottle, he drops it sometimes and can't get the end of the bottle. Here is Finn feeding himself while Ben made dinner last night. He is doing it with one hand here, but usually he does 2 hands.



Finn still eats very mushy baby food. Every once and awhile we'll try to feed him something a little bit more solid, like a piece of cracker or something and he'll gag himself. We probably still have awhile before he can eat real food. I gave him chicken the other day for the first time, we had the camera ready, because I tasted the Chicken with Chicken Gravy, and I almost threw up. But he liked it.




He ate Heart of Palm at Rodizio and loved it, just like his mom! Hopefully he won't be a picky eater. So far the only thing he won't eat is green beans.



Finn is a very big boy. He is taller and thicker than most kids that are walking. He is chubby, but cute chubby. But with the height and his chubbiness (and big head), he weighs 27 lbs!!! This was done on our bathroom scale full dressed, so probably isn't too accurate. He doesn't have a doctor checkup for a month to get a real weight.

We love Finn so much, life has changed a ton for us, but all for the better. Even when we don't get any sleep!

1 comment:

Sara said...

He's at such a fun age! Max struggled with teething, and we had lots of nights like that! Orajel swabs (they look like qtips but they have medicine in them) were the best for him because I could really get the medicine in there. If you haven't tried them yet, give them a shot!