Friday, January 18, 2008

24 Hours of Labor.

Amanda did this on her blog and I'm sure everyone is dying for me to answer all these questions.

1. Any stretch marks?
Yes, it does look like I got attacked by either a bear or a tiger.

2. Did you take prenatal vitamins?
Yes, and it got me into the habit of still taking vitamins daily.

3. Any other names you had picked out?
A few. But I'm not telling. I have one girl name and two other boy names. Sadly, I probably won't get to use the girl name.

4. Did you know what you were having?
Yes, there is no way I could have waited. How do you shop without knowing. Plus, I know how much I hate going to a baby shower when the person doesn't know the sex.

5. How old were you when you became a Mom?
27

6. How long were you in labor?
Like 24 hours. But a few hours into it, Finn was panicking, so they had to stop my contractions. Then about an hour later, they started them up again.

7. What's your favorite thing about being a Mom?
Everything. Sorry I'm a cheesey mom. But I love everything. Well except.. see below..

8. What's your least favorite thing?
Blowouts, and having a sick baby. It is horrible seeing your baby so helpless and sad.

9. Do you want more kids?
Yes, I loved having a big family. I would never be able to handle as many kids as my parents did, but I want my Finn to at least have one sibling.

10. Do you plan on having more soon?
Not too soon. Maybe in another year.

11. How many times have you been peed on?
I can't count

12. Barfed on?
A few times just in the past week.

13. Is your child named after anyone?
Nope.

14. How did you come up with his/her name?
I've always loved the name Finn. I love it in the movie Great Expectations when Ethan Hawke is named Finn. There was also a Finn on The Soprano's and Grey's Anatomy.

15. What is the longest you have been away from your child?
Haven't been overnight. Probably New Years Eve when we were out until 3.

16. Bedtime routine?
Eat, Bath, getting Finn dressed (this is his VERY happy time), read a book(unless it's late), have daddy wrap up tight, and go to bed.

17. Something you need to buy your little one?
Nothing, I spend too much money

18. Last thing you bought your little one?
$40 diaper cream

19. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom?
Seeing my friends at least sometimes. I will always want to work at least part-time.

20. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom?
Going out as often. My body. Sleep.

21. Best Mom perk?
Getting on airplanes before anyone else.

22. Do you sneak bites from your child?
No, he doesn't really eat much. I do always taste his baby food to see how gross it is.

23. When he/she is napping, are you?
Not usually. Sometimes on Sunday afternoons.

24. Where is your child now?
Getting held by his dad.

25. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes?
Target and Old Navy. I also love my friend's store Expected. But it's a little pricey for me.

26. If I could do it over, what would you do differently?
Probably nothing..

27. Baby’s age?
6 months 3 weeks

28. Name?
Finn Benjamin

29. Birthday?
June 26, 2007

30. Time of birth?
10:30? I'm totally guessing on this, I don't know the exact time. I was so out of it for the first couple of weeks.

31. Who was in the room when baby was born?
My husband, doctor obviously and some nurses.

32. How long did you push?
This is another thing I'm not sure of. I think 2 hours??? Ben???

33. Weight?
7 lbs. 15 ounces.

34. Length?
21 inches.

35. Any hair?
Barely.

36. Who does baby look like?
Me. At least that is what everyone tells me.

37. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant?
25-30. And I basically still have it all.

38. Was baby early or late?
Late. The doctor thought for sure I'd have him early on time. But no, I got induced.

39. Who drove you home from the hospital?
Ben

40. How many baby showers did you have?
Three. Work, one family/friend combo and one friend.

41. When did baby start sleeping through the night?
I'm a little spoiled in this area. He has been sleeping from about 7:30 to 6:30 for a few months now. However, with him being sick, we are back to him waking up often.

42. Did you breastfeed?
Yes, but only until I went back to work. I didn't want to deal with the pumping and putting milk in a public fridge. Breast milk grosses me out enough, I don't want to put it on others.

43. Who keeps your baby the most?
It's split up between me and daycare. Ben probably see's him more than me though. He goes to work later and comes home earlier. Grandma Yara gets him once a week.

44. When do you want to have another?
I already answered this, but at least another year.

45. How did you know when it was time to go to hospital?
When the doctor said to go to the hospital

46. Did you go home or somewhere else when you left the hospital?
Home. Where was I supposed to go, the mall?

47. Anyone spend the night with you first night home?
Ben.

48.Did you cry the first time you held your baby?
Yes, but I was so out of it and in so much pain(no Miranda it doesn't really hurt), I didn't really even want to hold him. Sorry my sweet baby, I did love you from afar.

49. Where was the baby born?
LDS hospital

50. Did you videotape the birth?
No, I didn't want to watch it the first time and I don't want to ever. Ben got the honor of seeing it, but I don't think he would like to a second time. Sorry, but sometimes to quote myself "I hate Nature".

1 comment:

LIttlemiss said...

I am stealing this Diania. Perfect way to spend my boring Saturday.