Friday, January 11, 2008

Flashback Friday - June 26, 2007

I'm flashing back 6 whole months! Since I started this blog a few months after I had Finn, I never put newborn pictures up.

After 23.5 hours of labor and a few scary moments, Finn Benjamin Dickerson was born at 10:30 AM on June 26, 2007. 10 fingers and 10 little toes, perfect. Ben was loving our new baby, calling everyone and crying because he was so happy. I was crying too, because of happiness, relief, pain and because I was so tired! I never knew you could have so many emotions at once.

Our little naked baby just a few minutes old.






Finally we got back into our room and I could relax and really look at our beautiful baby. Amazing, I couldn't believe I was actually a mom.







I have the best husband in the world, seriously. He never left my side the entire time. (well maybe a few times to get Mountain Dew the day after) But he slept next to me every night in a horribly uncomfortable bed. Here he is the morning after I had Finn, laying in bed.



When you get baby clothes before your baby is born, everything looks so tiny. That is until you actually put your baby in the clothes and they completely drown your baby. Here is Finn getting ready to finally go home.

So sad.



And then asleep.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, i love little Finn. I can't believe that was 6 months ago!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Wow, time goes by so fast. Cute cute cute photos.

Teri said...

I had never seen those photos before. I love the one with him in the foreground and you in the background.

Simply Selph said...

Those are such precious pictures, but my favorite is the one of you two in bed together. Until you have been in labor and been thru that whole experience, you cannot understand how exhausted you are. But then you look into those dark, glossy eyes and you see this person who has been kicking you for the past 40 weeks and the instant connection, love and peace you feel come over you that binds you to that person for eternity. It is the most unexplainable experience and the most beautiful one too. He is the cutest little man. Kisses from his cousins in Ohio.