I was pretty stressed about it, because I was so tired and I didn't know if I could handle it with Finn. But Finn was perfect on the flights and it ended up being a great trip.
We visited the Amish Country, it was absolutely beautiful.


Christina and Yara sitting on a swing outside of the restaurant we ate at.

We took a carriage ride with the sweetest old man I've ever met. He answered all our Amish questions.

My sister in front of Independence Hall.

Finn in the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Beautiful oldness..


I love old buildings. I even love really creepy abandoned buildings. There were so many beautiful old houses that were just empty by my sisters house. So one day, my sister and I wanted to look through windows of one and the door was open. So we went in. We couldn't get far because there was broken glass and stuff everywhere and we were in flipflops. But it was just crazy that it was left, full of stuff. The living room was full of furniture, just piled up, even a picture on the mantle.
My favorite old, creepy building was the Eastern State Prison. If you are ever in Phili, I would suggest going. We tried to go with my mom on Saturday, but they don't allow anyone under 8 because of all the lead paint. So the next day, my mom stayed back with Finn and Yara and we went. Justin was able to come too, since he didn't work on Sundays.
Even though it was very creepy, the arcutechure was beautiful. It was also very empty, at times, we'd be in a hallway and we'd be the only ones. You can only go into about 1/2 of the building because the rest is falling apart so bad, I wanted to see all of it, I could have spent another couple hours wandering through rooms.



2 comments:
Hmmm.. Your favorite building is a prison. You must have felt right at home there. Interesting.
Phili looks fun, though. I've never been. I love the little old Amish man. He's so cute.
I've never wanted to go to Phili, ever. But you totally make me want to. I love sneaking around abandoned: buildings, indian ruins, Sundance and Butch Cassidy's hide out. Where do we get it from?
Post a Comment