Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Highchair!

We have been pretty lazy putting Finn's highchair together. We have been using his Bumbo because it doesn't take much room and it works great for when we are feeding him.

Only problem is Finn is getting a bit squirmy and likes to lean back in the Bumbo. I am a pretty good parent (kinda) and don't leave him unattended (mostly) but when I'm in the kitchen working on dinner and even if he is on the floor in the Bumbo, if he escaped, it would be a pretty bad bonk on the head.

So last night we finally got the highchair out. I haven't even looked at the highchair I got as a gift almost a year ago, (I think Teri, Rebecca and T got it for us) but it's so nice. I love it. It has a tray that snaps in the main tray for easy cleaning, even dishwasher safe. And it also have a little pull out tray for if I'm feeding him and want to keep the baby food out of reach.

To break in the high chair, we strapped Finn in and gave him some Mum Mums, or as my friend Andrea calls them, Baby Crack. They are little rice crackers that are long and skinny perfect for little hands learning to feed themselves. We've tried giving them to Finn in the past and he loves them a ton, but usually he ends up choking and throwing them up. (If anyone knows where to buy these in Utah, please let me know. My friend in Boulder mailed them to me. I haven't looked too hard though.)

Last night he ate 2 all by himself. So now we'll start getting braver and giving him a little bit more solid food. I just hate watching him gag himself and it scares me, but I guess he can't eat strained baby food forever. Although it might give him a great figure when he grows up.

These pictures are with my phone so they aren't that great, but here is Finn eating all by himself.


7 comments:

Natalie said...

My hell, that high chair is fancy. What is with all the groves and seperators? Is that so baby won't get his food mixed together?

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Well if Finn is anything like his mom, then he will not want his food running together. I hate when mashed potatoes get on my salad or something like that. Gross.

LIttlemiss said...

Oh yes, the lovely gag and barf routine. It happens a lot even still for us. I agree though, starting them on solids is a scary at first ESP. when they are a gager. Good luck, but it's also so nice when they start feeding themselves!!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I've been eating solid foods for like, 27 years or something and I don't see you blogging about me.

Just kidding. Finnster looks adorable in his new high chair.

Precia said...

Finn is so handsome!

Cichelli said...

He just gets cuter in every picture! Seriously!

Teri said...

I bought you that cool high chair? Wow... I must be a really good friend. (BTW - No recollection of buying you this gift.)